Knox Fertilizer Company has been a family owned business since 1950. Started by Robert and Georgia Shaw, the company is still owned and operated by their heirs today, now led by the third generation.
Knox Fertilizer Company has concentrated on the specialty plant food business since its inception over 68 years ago. With its base of operations located in Northwest Indiana, Knox is geographically located in the center of most large metropolitan markets west of the Appalachian Mountains and east of the Rocky Mountains.
Being on the outskirts of a world trade center allows large quantity purchases and warehousing opportunities for low cost inputs that can be passed on to customers for optimized economic advantages.
Knox Fertilizer Company is poised for the next half century by continuing to invest in innovative production processes, product quality, structural management, and environmental stewardship. This has prepared the Company to meet all current and future market and environmental requirements. This philosophy of reinvestment into the Company has helped us reach an elevated position in our industry in terms of perception and reliability.
Products produced at Knox Fertilizer Company are solely for the enhancement and maintenance of quality turf and ornamental plants for residential, commercial, and recreational sites. They are sold through professional and consumer distribution channels.